Our latest talk featured functional medicine expert Dr. Kara Fitzgerald, who came to us to shine a light on what functional medicine can teach us during the fight against coronavirus.
This illuminating discussion touched a number of topics, and we highly recommend you set aside some time to watch the whole thing.
- How did we get here? Where did we go wrong? (6:10)
- What have you been doing to research how functional medicine can help during this crisis? (10:00)
- Is it too late to take functional medicine interventions if you have some of these comorbidities? (12:40)
- Dr. Fitzgerald’s favorite anti-inflammatory foods (14:35)
- Could you explain the cytokine storm is, how it happens, and how can we treat it? (18:45)
- Explaining berberine (25:01)
- The importance of testing at this moment (26:35)
- Explaining antibody testing (32:20)
- What can we learn from traditional Chinese medicine when fighting COVID-19? (35:55)
- Dr. Fitzgerald’s take on masks (51:00)
- What does life look like for the next few years? (54:30)
- Any thoughts if this could be worse if it comes back in the fall or winter? (55:37)
- What factors are you considering when trying to predict how long this will go on for? (57:00)
- Is there a role here for vitamin C? (58:25)
- What sources of information do you suggest folks follow on information about COVID? (1:00:30)
- What has made you smile recently? (1:03:50)
- Dr. Fitzgerald’s COVID-19 Page
- Antibody Testing webinar
- COVID-19 Clinical Trials Tracker
- Dr. Fitzgerald’s TCM Blog
For updates from Dr. Fitzgerald
The interview was originally recorded on April 15, 2020.