Our Health Talks was honored to have Dr. Will Bulsiewicz join us for a special Q&A on coronavirus and COVID-19. Dr. Will is a board-certified Gastroenterologist and Gut Health Expert, and he joined us to discuss the crisis as a whole, and the need to focus on the fundamentals of health at this time.
- How did we get here? (3:00)
- Why are some people with COVID-19 presenting with symptoms in the gut, like diarrhea? (5:52)
- When should I contact my doctor?
- What is a COVID-19 test? (12:21)
- If you get the virus once, are you immune to it?
- Best advice: Act as if you have the virus (17:50)
- If I have a compromised immune system, are there any special steps I need to be taking?
- How long can the virus last on different surfaces, and should I wash my produce? (25:10)
- Are there ways beyond hand-washing that you are adjusting your lifestyle now? (27:47)
- Is there such a thing as an FDA-approved drug/treatment for coronavirus? (34:16)
- Will there be a second wave of the epidemic? (40:26)
- Let’s say someone presents with a stomach bug and it is indeed coronavirus. Should that person expect that to progress to typical respiratory symptoms later on? (45:37)
- Is there anything to the idea that food needs to be cooked to kill the virus? (48:52)
- What factors will help us understand the future of this pandemic? (50:36)
- What sources of news do you suggest for information about the COVID-19 pandemic? (52:14)
- What is something that made you smile recently? (54:19)
This interview was recorded on March 27, 2020.